Version 1.1.1 of the Heimdall Suite was just recently released. The changes are fairly minor, unless you own a Galaxy Tab there is no need to upgrade immediately. However, installation, compilation and packaging has been greatly simplified with this release.
- Fixed modem flashes for Galaxy Tab i.e. Reverted from the “Kies method” back to the “Odin method” of flashing modem files.
System Support Changes:
- OS X binaries are now universal. Intel 32-bit, Intel/AMD 64-bit and PowerPC are all supported.
- The OS X package should now include Qt 4.7.1.
- Debian packages now install binaries to /usr/bin as opposed to /usr/local/bin.
- Debian packages now take care of udev rules in a more standard complaint fashion.
- Heimdall Frontend can now be installed to any location by using “qmake OUTPUTDIR=/desired/output/dir”.
- On Linux running “make install” for Heimdall command line tool will now install the udev rules.